This post is going to be about the newly launched Ponds BB Cream in the shade Medium 02. Now the product in itself is not new to the market. We have already seen the Ponds BB cream earlier in the market but there was only one shade in this. Now they have launched a new shade called Medium! Let’s see what I have got to say about this.
I have a wear test of this product on my skin as well as my mom’s skin. So stay tuned!
The packaging remains the same as the one that was initially launched. The outer package is a pretty pink and silver box, the product itself comes in a tube which is convenient to travel with and also to disperse the right amount.
The shade range of this BB cream is pretty bad in my opinion. It just has two shades and they claim that the 01 Original shade is for Light to medium skin tone and 02 Medium is for Medium to dark skin tone. It’s funny how they named the shade Medium and suggest it for dark skin tones as well. I have tried the original BB cream and the shade was super light for me. The shade Medium, in my opinion, is best suited for Medium and slightly medium-dark skin tones up to an NC40/42.It is a shade lighter than my skin tone but I can work with that. If you are my skin tone which is an NC40/NC42 or a little bit lighter you could use this. If you are any darker than me I do not think that this shade will suit you.
- Dual benefits of Fairness cream + lightweight foundation: Now I honestly do not understand the concept of fairness creams and I do not support it as well. All a fairness cream would do is make your skin look ashy and ghostly.
- Instant spot coverage and natural glow on the outside: The coverage of the BB cream is about light to medium, Hence it would not provide any sort of spot coverage. It does give me a glow though, but most of the BB creams and foundations look a little glowy on me.
- Lightens your skin and spots from inside: I do not care about the lightening of my skin. I won’t lie but I did feel conscious about my medium/deep skin tone earlier, But now I am happy with my skin color. About the lightening of the spots, I would have to test it out more.
- Evens skin tone: I sort of agree with this claim as it does make my skin look quite even.
- With SPF 30 for sun protection: This is the best part! You would not need a layer of SPF after your moisturizer and before your foundation. This has got all the SPF you would ever need!
- No clogging of pores: I would have to test it out more to find out if this is true. As far as I have used it, it did not break me out or something!
- Light,non-oily texture: I do agree that the cream feels light and it doesn’t feel oily or greasy.
This is the easiest part! You could use a brush or your fingertips to apply this. I would suggest you not to use a beauty blender as it is sort of a creamy consistency. On an everyday basis, you could take some on your fingers and tap it on to your skin.
Finish and Coverage:
It gives a naturally dewy finish and it needs to be set with a powder. I used an inexpensive powder – the Maybelline super fresh compact to set the BB cream.
The coverage is light-medium. If you apply another layer over the first layer you can make it a medium coverage.
Price and Availability:
It is available at a price of Rs.82- Rs.332.
It is available at 3 sizes:
9 gms: Rs.82
18 gms: Rs.145
50 gms: Rs.390
I got the 18 gms variant in Big Basket. You could get it at any supermarket or Health and glow or online at Nykaa.com
I wore it for 6 hours and it did last pretty well. It obviously did not look as fresh as it did when I applied it, But it did not fade away that much. I would suggest this for everyday use. It does feel fresh. Also, I did not see any flashback.
On Mature skin:
I did test this on my mom and it did look pretty nice on her as well. She did like the way it looked on her skin and it lasted quite well.
I overall loved this product and I feel that it is so perfect for the summers as it is light on the skin and gives a tiny bit of coverage which is perfect for everyday use. Since it has SPF I feel that it is all in one product as it is quick and easy. However, I wish they expanded their shade range a lot more.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and found it useful.